Monday, January 21, 2008

i had to wrrite this some time ago-and id like to share it.

SO THANK YOU, MIRIAM

Ironic as this may sound, when asked what inspired me most on yud daled teves, this story soared to the surface. I would defiantly say i learnt more about the Alter Rebbe's life this year than in previous. We had a great trivia game to test our knowledge. Singing niggunim though our farbrngins also called for deep contemplation.

Here is a story that took place later that night. A few girls were sitting in the lounge area of the dinning room, eating supper. The lady who works in the kitchen, Miriam, was sitting with us. I noticed she kept switching her seat. being that rotating seats is not a normal occurrence, we asked in wonderment for the reason. She responded she was trying to find a seat where the Rebbe can not see her. She went on to say, whenever she comes into the dinning room, she feels the Rebbe watching her, due to the large picture of the Rebbe at the far end of the room.

I immediately understood what she meant, the picture on the wall,the picture that whenever you look, the Rebbe is looking back, clearly seeing right through you. Since I have seen that picture often through my years, I am accustomed to it. In fact i can even eat right under the picture without thinking twice. Miriam, made me realize every time i see the picture i should shake! I should think about where i am going, where I am headed. Through following the Rebbe's ways, doing what is right, merit too look back to the Rebbe, with complete confidence and feel honored thet the Rebbe's smile is directed to me.

5 comments:

TobyB said...

chaf daled teves...

TobyB said...

nice story though

theChaya said...

the question was what insoired me...i was taght not to lie...and this was it

Benyamin said...

wow thechaya thanks for the inspiring story

theChaya said...

do you know who is behind theChaya???