We had a very special day on Yud Shvat. After having our program here in Longmeadow, Chaim, Rabbi Wolff and I drove to N.Y. to the Ohel. I was talking to Rabbi Hecht in New Haven and he siad that he wanted a ride in to the Ohel. We stopped at the McDonalds by exit 41 on 95s and there on the side, without any car in sight, (it looked liked they were just stranded there) was Rabbi Hecht and two of his sons. They looked like the homeless, we had a real good laugh. We made it to the Ohel and then to Crown Heights and met up with Lavy in Toby's apartment. What a real treat! Malky was also hanging out there waiting to get a ride to Spfld for Shabbos.
Lavy looks really good as usual. We went to see Benyamin & Chanie and spent a few minutes with them. On to 770 we went to wait for our ride back to Spfld. We were in 770 for about 15 minutes before our ride came. As we were walking toward the door, I saw someone I knew, said hello. LAvy was right next to me and the guy I said hello to said to me, "Is your son overseas?" He said a few words in Spanish to Lavy, I was totally bewildered. So the guy tells me that Lavy knows what he is talking about, it was the father of "Yehuda Hamacabee" and he recognized Lavy from the video!
We had a great Shabbos. Friday night was awesome. Everyone showed up that had made reservations. We had a good time talking to people and people enjoyed being there. Rabbi Lisbon spoke well and really inspired people with his words. (Mommy will fill you in with more details about the evening). I am trying to load some pictures of Lavy. Shabbos day was a nice minyan and we sat all afternoon to farbreng especially since the Wolffs the Kosofskys and the Cohens slept in the Yeshiva. Gotta go and make sure that Malky gets a ride to NY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds good Ta-0looking forward to the pics!
ditto (what?) i hope malky makes it back
Post a Comment