For those of us in the NorthEast, cold weather has finally hit hard. I know you want to believe Algore, but global warming has not affected old man winter. This morning, Ta was once again waiting for the girls to get their coats, snacks, backpacks, pencil cases, homework (get the picure?) and he threatened to leave without them. Of course, I seconded the motion and said I would bring them later. Lucky for the girls, Ta is softer than I am and he waited. I either have to wake them earlier or enforce earlier lights out. Since with the former, I would also have to wake up earlier, my vote is for the latter.
Anyway, Ta backed out of the driveway and then waited for the last two to dash out the door and since Williston Drive was covered with a fine coating of ice (no sanding trucks in sight and not enough traffic to break it up), the van was not eager about making it out to Williams. You might not realize, but there is a serious incline as you make your way to the corner. When I finally bumped out the driveway an hour later, it was easier, though the way the car drives lately, not too smooth a ride anyway.
Next Monday night, Chana and her class are putting on a Chanukah play and Bryna is also in a multi-grade play. She is a bit unhappy since the directors took some of her parts away to make it fair. Of course she still has 18 parts compared to 8 for others but whose counting! I think she feels that a talent agent might be there to scout her out.
Anyway, enjoy the Festival of Lights, I mean Freilichen Chanukah! (It's going to be cold in the cherry picker this afternoon at Court Square)
Lots of love,Ma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
and when you go to court square
DO NOT send my regards to the crackheads....just incase you would!
thanx for the detailed report!~
Post a Comment