Friday, December 7, 2007

S.Lukes Nursing Home

For those of you who have gone with me to the nursing home downtown, I went yesterday with the girls (promising them to split the cash if we get any is a great incentive, $25 goes farther when there are only three of them!) Bracha lit the menorah and she and Chana distributed song sheets and bookmarks. Someone asked the significance of bookmarks so on the spot I said that since we celebrate the ability to learn the Torah on Chanukah w/o fearing the Greeks, bookmarks are appropriate so we can put them in our Bibles -quick thinking!
anyway, the two Jewish residents have moved from this facility but hopefully it still counts as a mitzvah. Mucho gusto.

2 comments:

Benyamin said...

I wish i was there, i could use some more chanuka gelt

theChaya said...

hey the one year im nort there money gets split! i just kidding i love going to that place--even if it is smelly and creepy.